Thursday 12 February 2015

Hex Dimension: Spoilers, Bodies, and Buffy the Vampire Slayer

I am, as you probably know, the kind of person who cries during films. A lot. I'm emotionally very vulnerable to swelling scores and good composition and whatever it is that Pixar always do. But thinking about it, with one single Donna-Noble-shaped exception, I don't think I've ever felt the same level of emotion about televison.

Last week that changed, drastically and painfully. We're currently binge-watching Buffy for the first time, and something happened that completely flattened me. It was just one episode - just one - but I felt numb and drained for days afterwards. Chances are you know exactly the episode I'm talking about - it's the one that stabs you in the heart and twists the knife.

It is, quite honestly, one of the best episodes of television that I've ever seen. And because it is so good, and because I'm still reeling from the power of it, I just had to write down my feelings about it. The team at Hex Dimension have very kindly let me post my thoughts over there, and I'm really pleased with how it turned out. It ended up being quite a personal piece, I think, but in this case that feels like a positive. In fact, I don't think there was any other way to write it.

So, whether you know what I'm talking about or not, I hope you'll click this image and join me in celebrating this amazing show.

...I need a hug.

No comments:

Post a Comment